Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Pasta Salad with Baby Greens (Gluten Free)

Man has it been awhile since I have hung out around my stove!  Well after many many weeks of Personal Trainer Food (highly recommend) I was back at the grocery store Friday night & cooking my dude some food this evening.  Hope you enjoy my 1st summer recipe!

Summer Pasta Salad with Baby Greens
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Size: about 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 5 pt
Calories: 169 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 29.5 g • Fiber: 4 g • Protein: 6 g • Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 271 mg (without the salt) • Cholest: 2 mg


Ingredients:
  • 3 oz (about 4 cups) baby arugula and baby spinach mix
  • 5 oz high fiber or whole wheat pasta (use brown rice pasta for GF)
  • 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
  • 2 tbsp capers, drained
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano

Directions:

Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. When done, drain and rinse under cold water.

In a large bowl, combine the pasta, baby greens, sun dried tomatoes, capers, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss well then just before serving top with fresh shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.






No comments:

Post a Comment