Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Grilled Steak Fajita's

I can not give enough props to this recipe site I have discovered!  I have yet to make anything bad & I know that it's not because I'm an AMAZING cook!  Cause in reality I like to think I'm awesome, but if I can make it, anyone can make it!  Plus, it keeps the dude happy!

I have a few versions of fajita's but this is the best yet!  Here is the link to the original recipe below!
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/grilled-steak-fajitas.html

The Food for Your Dude Version I just grabbed some steak (it was flank, but I was able to cut in strips- sorry!  I'm so not a meat expert!) so if you can't find flank- no worries, just work with something you can cut into strips.  I also left out the peppers and onions because honestly I hate them.  I also did not season early- I cooked on the stove and added the spices and it was still really good!  I used wholly guacamole as well.

Grilled Steak Fajitas
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 fajitas (3 oz meat total + onions, peppers + 2 tortillas)
Sodium: 487.6 mg (without adding salt) • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 297.8 • Fat: 13.1 g  Protein: 28.9 g  Carb: 30.4 g  Fiber: 16.1 g • Sugar: 1.7 g

For the Steak
  • 2 lbs flank steak, trimmed of fat
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 tbsp cumin (or to taste)
  • 2 scallions, sliced (optional)
  • salt + fresh pepper to taste
 For the Onions and Peppers 
  • 3 medium onions, sliced into long strips
  • 3 bell peppers (I used multi-colors), sliced into strips
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt + fresh pepper to taste

  • 12 7" flour tortillas, such as La Tortilla Factory Low Carb High Fiber
  • I like to season the steak a few hours ahead. Pierce steak with a fork all over to tenderize. Season steak with cumin, garlic, scallions, salt and pepper. Allow steak torest at room tempurature at least 10 minutes before grilling. 
  •  In a large grill-safe pan such as a clay Chamba or cast iron skillet combine onions, peppers, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Place on the BBQ and cook on medium-low heat, tossing occasionally until onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes. This could also be cooked inside on the stove as well.
  • When the onions and peppers are done, set aside to keep warm on the top rack of your grill; raise the flame of the grill to high flame. Discard scallion and sear steak 4-6 minutes without moving, turn the steak over and cook a few more minutes until rare or medium rare (well done will be too tough). Remove from grill and let it rest a few minutes before cutting.  

    Cut meat into small cubes and combine with the cooked onions and peppers andserve with tortillas, cheese, guacamole and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment