Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fresh Tomato, Sausage, & Pecorino Pasta with Lemony Green Beans

So last night I learned what a casing was & removed my very first...  I learn something new on a daily basis I tell ya!  Thankfully my dude is very patient with me and all of my million questions about casings!!


8 ounces uncooked penne
**I used gluten free penne
8 ounces sweet Italian Sausage
**I bought 1 mild Chicken Italian Sausage and 1 Apple Chicken Sausage- so you had a good combo of spice and sweetness
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup vertically sliced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/4 lb tomatoes, chopped
6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup torn fresh basil
**I also mixed in an avocado 

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain (about 5-10 min)
  2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Remove casings from sausage.  Add oil to pan, swirl and coat.  Add sausage and onion to pan; cook 4 min, stirring to crumble sausage.  Add garlic; cook 2 min.  Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 min.  Remove from heat; stir in pasta, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt and pepper.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and basil.  
Calories: 389, Fat: 10.7g, Protein: 21.6g, Carbs: 53.5g, Fiber: 4.5g, Chol: 27mg, Iron: 3.3mg, Sodium: 595mg, Calc:  159mg


For the Lemony Green Beans:  
Steam 1 pound trimmed green beans 5 minutes or until crisp/tender.  Drain and place in bowl.  Add 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons EVOO, 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; toss well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment