Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fruit Finder and the Glycemic Index Article

I found this article in Muscle & Fitness Hers Magazine and thought I would share- it is a great guide when grocery shopping.  I have so many friends who think that because they are eating lots of fruit they should be losing weight quicker and easier.  I use to think the same way (Thank you AJ for leading me in the right direction!!), but this article explains why that is not the case..  If you don't see your fav fruit, you can also research online or shoot me your email address and I have a chart that includes more...  Enjoy!


When the endgame is fat loss, the sugar in fruit can thwart the plan.  It might be natural, but that doesn't mean it can be considered a free-for-all food while dieting.  The glycemic index (GI) is a good resource for selecting fruits.  It's an inverse property: the lower the GI, the higher the fruit should rate in your diet.


Low GI (55 & Under)
Cherries- 22
Grapefruit- 25
Apple- 38
Plum- 39
Strawberries- 40
Peach- 42
Orange- 43
Grapes- 46
Kiwi- 52
Banana- 54
Mango- 55
Medium GI (56 to 69)
Apricots (fresh)- 57
Raisins- 64
Cantalope- 65
Pineapple (fresh)- 66
High GI (70 & above)
Watermelon- 72
Dates- 103







No comments:

Post a Comment