Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pasta Rosa Verde

This is such a quick recipe to make!  Work has been insane and the last thing I wanted to do was cook tonight- but this was on the menu for the nite and I am so glad I made it.


Makes:  4 servings
Prep:  10 Min
Cook:  10 Min


8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
*I used Gluten Free Pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
* I ended up using a lot more.  I like my pasta to have a good amount of sauce on it so I poured a few extra tablespoons into the pan as I was sautéing.  You will know when to stop
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
*Don't like onions- use onion salt for the flavor or process in a blender to make paste
2 garlic cloves
*I love garlic so I also used some garlic paste 
4-5 medium tomatoes
*I used cherry tomatoes from a recipe I made earlier in the week
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper
*I added a few more shakes
3 cups arugula, watercress and/or spinach , coarsely chopped
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
*I couldn't find these at the store so I didn't use.  If you know where to get them let me know!
2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain & keep warm
  2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Saute the onion & garlic until the onion is tender.  Stir in the tomatoes, salt, pepper & red pepper.  Cook, stirring about 2 min., until the tomatoes are warm.  Mix in the arugula, watercress or spinach & heat until just wilted
  3. Spoon the pasta into a bowel & top with the tomato mixture.  Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts & cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment