Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

This is another recipe I got from my girlfriend Tawny..I've actually been craving this bread so I thought I would share & it's good to know that it won't break your calorie bank


2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fat-free yogurt
4 large egg whites
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*Makes 2 loafs



  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, yogurt & egg whites in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk
  • Combine flour, cinnamon, salt & baking soda in a separate bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
  • Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist
  • Stir in chocolate chips
  • Spoon batter into two (8x4 inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray
  • Bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes clean
  • Cool 10 minutes in pans
  • Remove from rack & let cool completely
Nutritional Info per slice:  152 calories; 5 g fat; 2 g protein; 26.5 g carbs; 1.1 g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment