Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ground Turkey & Veggie Combo

Well it's Day 2 of the Shakedown..  I'm feeling pretty good as far as not wanting to eat my hand off by dinner time.  Could be all the meds I'm on too making me not so hungry.  Hey!  I'll take it!  Tonight was a thrown together meal with groceries I already had and everything under a 45 GI (glycemic index).  Hope you like it as much as the dude & I did.


What you need:
Ground Turkey
Fresh Salsa 
Avocado
Italian Squash
Yellow Squash
Cucumber
Cherry Tomatoes
Feta Cheese
Spices: Garlic & Herb, Garlic Powder, Minced Garlic, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, Oregano & White Pepper


Sprinkle spices on turkey meat, brown turkey (roughly 8 min) throw in veggies and add in salsa (roughly 5 min) sprinkle in a little bit of feta the last minute of cooking.  Place in bowl, add avocado and feta.  So easy, so much flavor and it's so quick to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment