Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Carrot Banana Muffins- Paleo

I'm BAAACK!!!  Sorry for the delay..  I did make dinner last night but was too tired to jump on the computer and post..  Plus, it was a remake that was quick and easy...  I thought though I would provide a Paleo Breakfast that I am going to try and make for my Crossfit Endurance team Sat morning for a post run snack...  It is not the prettiest looking muffin but it is DELISH!!!  Enjoy!


Ingredients
2 cups blanched almond flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup dates, pitted
3 ripe bananas
3 eggs
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cops carrots, shredded
3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped


Instructions

  1. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon
  2. In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar & oil
  3. Transfer mixture to a large bowl
  4. Blend dry mixture into wet until throughly combined
  5. Fold in carrots & walnuts
  6. Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins
  7. Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 min.
**Makes 18 muffins





No comments:

Post a Comment