Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pesto Chicken & Black Pepper & Garlic Asparagus- Paleo Approved

Shout Out for this recipe goes to my fellow Crossfit buddy Mark R.  Thanks for sharing and letting me blog about it!


FYI:  I made dinner for 3 tonight and we had leftovers...


What you will Need:
3 large chicken breasts (# depends on the people you are feeding)
Bundle of Asparagus

  • Black Pepper (Freshly ground is best, but regular table pepper works fine too)
  • Minced Garlic (I used Garlic Paste and it worked)

Boil Chicken for 40 minutes and cut into cubes then add the pesto mixture.


Tonight we bakes the asparagus but grilling it would be really good too.


Pesto Sauce
2 cups Fresh Basil
1/3 cup almonds
3 garlic cloves
1/3 cup EVOO


Place in the following order in a food processor:  basil, almonds, garlic cloves, EVOO then place in the chicken (Or rub on the uncooked chicken if you plan on baking)


Additional Ideas:

  • Next time I make this I am going to rub extra EVOO on uncooked cubed chicken and rub the pesto sauce on as well and then bake for 45 minutes.  I'm thinking it make soak in more of the flavor- will let you know once I do which way is best or feel free to try it and let me know how you liked it
  • I will probably triple the pesto mixture ingredients- I like sauce and since my chicken breasts were so large I ended up having to make more sauce than it called for
  • Love cheese and getting some calcium in your diet..  Fresh Parmesan or Feta Cheese would be delish


No comments:

Post a Comment