Food + Blog= Love

Food + Blog= Love...Don't be fooled by the title.. Guys are welcome to view this blog too... This blog is written by a girl so obviously these recipes are girl friendly... Also, most of my posts will be healthy recipes YAY!! But every now and then I will throw in one of my favs! Hey, you gotta live a little!! It's OK to splurge and your man will love ya for it!

Feel free to share your recipes too! I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Light Chicken Alfredo w/ Gluten Free Pasta

So, I wasn't going to post what I made on Tuesday night, but then I got to thinking...  A lot of people want something fast and easy after a long day of work, which is way they turn to fast food rather than making something that is healthier for them..  This dish is extremely easy to make..  I wouldn't say this is one of the healthiest meals, but it is a lighter version of an old classic and is better than running to McDonalds.


Ingredients
2 chicken breasts (1-2 people)
Classico Alfredo Sauce- Light
gluten free Pasta (penne, linguine are my favs)


How to Make:
Boil the chicken breast for 30-40 min.  This gives you time to pick up around the house, pay some bills, take the dogs out, etc.  Once chicken is done place it on a cutting board to cool down.  While it is cooling start boiling the pasta (4-10 min.).  When pasta is cooked, drain well and wash with cold water.  Once chicken has cooled a little bit take a fork and start shredding it up.  Place in sauce pan and pour in light Alfredo Sauce add some black pepper for taste.  Cook on low until sauce is warm.  Mix the chicken alfredo sauce with the pasta and you are done!


**You can also add some asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc to the recipe too..  This night I was too tired to cut them up so I skipped it.



No comments:

Post a Comment